Monday, February 6, 2012

Wrinkles Away!

So...I have a confession to make. I am TERRIFIED of wrinkles!! The older I get, the more afraid I become of these lines that represent age, wear and tear, and how you treat your body.

Thank goodness for the great genes my mother blessed me with. Along with my genes, I am also adamant about how I take care of my skin. I have a skincare ritual, which I do sometimes change around, that keeps my skin younger looking and thankfully, the wrinkles away!!


My cleansing routine usually happens while I'm in the shower or at night before bed. I use my Lily B, Rose Hip Infused, Cleanse/FACIAL WASH almost every day. Sometimes I add the mark. exfoliating beads and other times when I am having a bad breakout, I use the Burts Bees Pore Refining Scrub because it is also an acne wash. I only use an exfoliate 2 to 3 times a week. Be careful when you use exfoliate and acne washes or scrubs because it can dry out your skin and also be very irritating. Once cleansing is complete, pat your face dry. Never rub or forcefully dry your face because it can cause premature aging and wrinkles!



During the winter months my skin becomes dry in some spots and then remains oily in other spots. I have found that the mark. Calm Yourself Hydrating Mask works great to hydrate the places on my face that need it and does not make the rest of my face any more oily. You just need a quarter size amount for your entire face. This mask is not sticky and does not dry or peel, so all you have to do is smooth on. Be careful not to get the mask in your eyes or mouth. Set your timer for 5 minutes. Your face should have a glow like look while the mask is applied, just like the above picture. After the timer ends, take a cleansing clothe and with lukewarm water rinse the areas on your face that you applied the mask and then pat your skin dry.


After my face is cleansed and I've washed away the mask, I like to spot treat any acne spots that I have or pretreat areas where I am prawn to have breakouts. My favorite acne product is called Zit Zapper and it is made by e.l.f. cosmetics (aka eyes lip face) and only cost $1.00. I know, right?! It is an awesome product and you can't beat a product that works this well that cost a dollar. Once the acne treatment dries, it's time to moisturize. I use a natural repair face cream put out my Oilatum. I first heard about this product while watching some of my favorite YouTube Beauty Guru's/Celebrity Makeup Artist sister duo, Sam and Nic Chapman, aka Pixiwoo. I did have to order this product from the UK, however, it was easy to find online and works so well. A little goes a long way with this face cream. I put about a dime size amount in the palm of my hand and then dot places all over my face and slowly spread the face cream all over. I make sure to apply more cream in areas of dryness and also areas where wrinkles are more common to appear. I massage the cream into my forehead and use my ring finger to lightly dab and rub the cream under and around my eyes. After I finish this, my face feels radiantly beautiful. You can see the end result in the above photos.



If I am going out for the day, I make sure to apply sunscreen. My favorite sunscreen comes from the same company as my favorite facial wash: Lily B SPF 30 Ultra Defense. This sunscreen also adds moisture to your face and I sometimes use it as a primer for my makeup.


I finish off my routine with my favorite lip balm, eos aka evolution of smooth. I have all 7 of the eos sphere shaped lip balms, including the special editions. This lip balm is a great moisturizer to put on right before bed because it last so long on your lips. I also use it as a lip primer while putting on my makeup! It works great both ways!!

So, at 29, I've managed to keep most wrinkles at bay, and am fighting a war against them daily. A few helpful hints that will help your skin retain its elasticity: drink lots of water daily, avoid cigarettes, and always wear sun screen. Your skin will only look as good as you treat it!

Zit Zapper and Lip Balm,
Amy



Products in this post:

1 comment:

  1. Nicely done Amy (:

    I've been wearing eye cream since I was 16 and I have not a line on my eye area (well, yet anyway) but it goes to show that prevention is key <3

    ReplyDelete